Thursday, February 25, 2010

What do I use to add color to white semi gloss latex paint?

I have an abundance (20 gallons) of white semi gloss latex paint and would like to use it to paint in my home, however I really don't want white, I was wondering if there was a product that I could purchase to add to the paint. Maybe a colorizer of some sort. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!What do I use to add color to white semi gloss latex paint?
My husband is a proffessional painter and I asked him for you.


He said to take it where you bought it and have them mix it. If that is not an option, he said to go buy the color of paint you are wanting and mix it yourself, but he said to stress to you that it must be latex paint if you are mixing it (latex with latex, oil with oil, water with water, etc). Happy painting!What do I use to add color to white semi gloss latex paint?
food dye and lemon juice. the acidity in the lemon juice will offset the extreme color to help make a nice balance.
Yes, there are color dyes available at your paint store. But in order to maintain a constancy in shade, you'll want to mix the whole batch at the same time in the one container.
The paint you have is probably not a base paint that is made for coloring? I do not know how regular white paint would take the colorants. You could talk to a local hardware or paint store to see if they would sell you some colorants that are used to tint paint.
Any good paint store will sell dye additives to color your paint... and they'll even mix it for you. Make certain that you color the correct amount of gallons that you'll need to paint whatever it is you want to paint because if you have to go back and the second batch of dye you buy isn't from the same lot as the first, you may not get the same color. One gallon of paint will cover approximately 400 square feet.
  • sexy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment