Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I use white semi gloss paint on moulding across the ceiling if the ceiling is flat white?

Yes! It creates a nice sheen in contrast to the matte ceiling and walls. I have it at my house, and it looks very classy. All wood trim should be in semi-gloss.Can I use white semi gloss paint on moulding across the ceiling if the ceiling is flat white?
You can but there will be a sharp contrast between the flat and the semi-gloss. It might look good as long as you keep the paint on just the moulding.Can I use white semi gloss paint on moulding across the ceiling if the ceiling is flat white?
I read this out loud to my handyman hubby and he said, ';NO! Tell him to stain and varnish it. It'll look a lot better!'; So I had to tell you...but I use whatever sheens I want in a room and never have had bad results. I am a big fan of semi-gloss simply because it looks better and easily washes! Have fun!
Ya try a small spot on both areas let dry see how it looks.
yes, it is no different than the moulding around your windows, door and your base trim which are all probibly semi gloss.
that is the ';Correct'; way to paint trim
I usually go by one rule for a good contrast to walls and trim....ceilings-flat............. walls- semi gloss....and trim-gloss makes for a good look and easy to clen when dirty.
Yes, this will make your molding stand out from the ceiling even more give it a nice finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment