Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I painted my bathroom with semi-gloss paint. I washed it and the paint came off in a big ball. Please help.?

We painted over a wall that had wall paper under neath, but put a base coat first; and the base coat is not coming off. Any ideas would be helpful.I painted my bathroom with semi-gloss paint. I washed it and the paint came off in a big ball. Please help.?
I'm not sure what happened because I've painted over wallpaper before without any problem. I used Kilz (I think) first. Check with someone at the store where you bought the paint and see what they suggest.I painted my bathroom with semi-gloss paint. I washed it and the paint came off in a big ball. Please help.?
I Guess You Got Some Cheap Paint.
u should be able to paint over wallpaper just make sure its sanded down a little and use oil based primer and oil based paint. u cant mix water based and oil together or itll come out not only a cottaged cheese look but probably what ur describing
You really can't paint over wallpaper..At the very least if you don't remove it you need to skim coat it with sheetrock filler
dont use oil base paint on your wall paper. humidity also causes you problems
What did you use as the base coat?


I had a similar experience once when painting over raw sheetrock without using a primer. The paint still peeled off in long rubbery strips (that rolled up like a ball.) REALLY pissed me off!


I did complain to the store -- who gave me a refund for the paint. But they also said to use kilz. So after I peeled all the paint off the walls (yes, it is boring!), I primed it all with waterbased Kilz. Then repainted. Now it's fine.


If the wallpaper was slippery, or greasy, or slick... and the primer wasn't on there well, the paint would not soak in and adhere to the wall surface.


Sorry. Feel for ya.
  • sexy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment