Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I remove high gloss enamel paint from floor boards and tiles?

I am painting archatraves and doors and have tried turps because it's a paint thiner, it works on the non dried paint although it smears everywhere, any other ideas?How do I remove high gloss enamel paint from floor boards and tiles?
Let it dry if its not spread to thin and use a flat head screwdriver or something like to scratch it being cerful as not to scratch the next layer.. the floor.How do I remove high gloss enamel paint from floor boards and tiles?
Try giving it a light sanding. That's what my husband did when I got paint drips on the floor.


Then he gave it a light coat of spray varnish to put the gloss back on the wood.
Take the pcs. outside, place them on horses/stands and put paint stripper on them.
I would try aceatone .Be carefull it is highly flameable and you should wear latex or rubber gloves that are made for this type of work. Aceatone evaporates fast .use lots of rag,s or a good brand of paper towels,and dispose of them in a natural aired space like outdoors. do not confine.

No comments:

Post a Comment