Saturday, February 27, 2010

I just painted a room with a dark blue semi-gloss paint. Question...?

I can still see roller marks everywhere and it has been almost 4 hours since I finished. Will I have to repaint or will it look better tomorrow?I just painted a room with a dark blue semi-gloss paint. Question...?
it will probably look better tomorrow, but make sure you have at least 2 coats on.I just painted a room with a dark blue semi-gloss paint. Question...?
It should improve by tomorrow. If not, add another coat.





It could be your roller, too. My hubby painted our hallways with one of those rollers that feed the paint into it. It left roller marks all over because of the roller itself.





They have different naps on rollers. You might need a thicker nap.
With most paints, you have to put on more than one coat.
I'm sorry to say you will have to repaint! You probably had excessive paint on your roller OR had a tendency to paint only up and down. When rolling paint, especially semi-gloss or gloss, you must be careful to roll in multiple directions and diagonally, while checking the edges of the roller to see that they don't leave edge marks with excessive paint.
Why would you use semi-gloss paint? Nowadays latex eggshell paints are very washable if you buy a decent brand. I would paint the walls with a latex primer and then paint over that with the same colour you used but in a latex eggshell. I never use a roller but use a paint pad that you can buy at Home Depot. They work great and never leave marks. Also I think it is faster and easier to do edging. I just painted my spare bedroom dark purple with latex eggshell using the paint pad and it looks fab. No streaks at all.But if you still want to use the paint you bought then you might need two or maybe three coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment