Saturday, February 27, 2010

I want to paint my house using high gloss paint but how do i hide wall imperfections so that you dont see them

i am talking about using high gloss paint,not as an accent but as main color on my walls!I want to paint my house using high gloss paint but how do i hide wall imperfections so that you dont see them
Try Faux Painting! Sponging is one of the easiest faux painting techniques. It creates a light, airy texture that adds interest to your walls and covers imperfections on the wall surface.I want to paint my house using high gloss paint but how do i hide wall imperfections so that you dont see them
faux treatments


wall hangings -pictures, rugs, sculptures


flat and matte finishes are hard to clean and stain pretty easily
Its almost impossible to hide wall imperfections when using high gloss paint unless you put a textured finish on the wall like a knock down or use flat or satin paint
You will need to fill the imperfections in with spackle and sand it smooth. It may take several coats and a lot of sanding.
You will never be able to hide the imperfections for high gloss.
Use flat paint or matte. It will hde the best.
if its sheetrock ur talking about u will need to float the walls with mud and lightly sand.....the only way.....





lic. gen. contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment