Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If I Were To Get Matte White Paint On Gloss Paint Will You Be Able To Recover With Gloss Paint?

I am currently redecorating my property and was wonderng. If I were to get matte paint on the skirting board around the bottom of the wall will it cover up with gloss when I redo the gloss paint that needs doing?If I Were To Get Matte White Paint On Gloss Paint Will You Be Able To Recover With Gloss Paint?
It will, but it is very poor painting practice. It's a big no no on exterior work.If I Were To Get Matte White Paint On Gloss Paint Will You Be Able To Recover With Gloss Paint?
Matte paint will wipe of gloss if you have a rag with you and yes you can paint over if it is not a dark colour.
Yes it will. I often use matt as an undercoat especially when covering a dark paint with a light one.
Yep like the guy said, but you can get proper undercoat. When doing skirting thats already painted i like to sand them (so the new paint will apply better and will be a flat surface), then i use an undercoat. And then use gloss.





Most gloss is oil based, you can get waterbased gloss which i find better to use and of course its easier to wash your brushes out afterwoulds just rinse with water and some washing up liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment