Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I tile ontop of my old gloss paint covered tiles in the bathroom?

Sure. Just chip away at the corners of existing tiles, breaking them and taking out about a 2'; square, then screed with a layer of special cement that provides waterproofing as well as a rough enough surface which your final bonding cement can grip to (i forgot the name of the product and couldn't find it in a search, but most hardware stores have it if you describe it to them).





Lastly, tile as per normal.





PS. Check for door clearance heights. You might have to shorten your door a bit.Can I tile ontop of my old gloss paint covered tiles in the bathroom?
I think you should never tile on top old tiles. You are better remove the old one and tile the new one.





look here for some good resources: http://makemyhome.blogspot.com/2007/05/h鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment