Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm planning to repaint my bathroom but it is covered with high gloss paint, how do I paint over that?

Sand it down to give the new paint a surface that it can cling to. Use a tack cloth after sanding to remove all dust.





oops, made a typoI'm planning to repaint my bathroom but it is covered with high gloss paint, how do I paint over that?
NEVER EVER EVER EVER Paint over old paint, you MUST always scrap the old paint away and then sand it down, and paint.I'm planning to repaint my bathroom but it is covered with high gloss paint, how do I paint over that?
wash with tsp and bleach, or krud kutter using a black scrubbing pad. this will clean and degloss in the same step. rinse the walls and let dry. if you are painting close to the same coler you dont need to prime.
Paint website info:





What needs to be done if I'm repainting over a gloss paint?


Lightly sand to dull the sheen and clean the surface thoroughly.





Good luck -- oh, and always, wipe down after sanding, of course!
A light sanding then primer then paint.
A light sanding (I use scotchbrite scouring pads), wipe down with a tack cloth. Use primer only if paint is lighter color than the original.
Use a primer first then paint
Go to home depot they will tell you exactly what you need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment